November 08, 2013

Yes! Magazine Interview & 131018 Daily Newspaper Interview with EXO-M & Bonus!

BE HAPPY YIXING's STAN!!!
Yep that's right, the theme of this post is our dear Yixing! ヽ(✿・ω・)ノ feat. the amazing members of EXO-M of course!

hearteuyixing



First up we have Lay’s Q&A portion from Exo's interview in Yes! Magazine Vol. 1179

exoooo


Bigger photo
Click here for the rest of the scans!

Recent StatusHobbies/Things I likeLifestyle
Q1. A goal you have recently?
A: Comeback as soon as possible

Q2: Something that made you happy recently?
A: XOXO (Kiss&Hug)’s sales crossing the 900,000 mark.

Q3: Something that you found interesting recently?
A: Performing at the Gangnam festival

Q4: Something you want recently?
A: A vacation

Q5: Somewhere you went recently?
A: Busan

Q6: How has your life been recently?
A: We’ve had more rest.

Q7: Someone you missed recently?
A: My family in China

Q8: Someone you care about recently?
A: Fans

Q9: A present you received recently?
A: Candy

Q10: Any thoughts you have recently?
A: That fans need to love EXO using a correct method.
Q11: Colors you like?
A: Black, purple, blue

Q12: Food you like?
A: I like all kinds of delicious food,
especially meat

Q13: Beverages you like?
A: Green tea, Cola, Soda

Q14: Movie genre you like?
A: Action films

Q15: Singers you like?
A: JJ Lin, Jay Chou, Leehom Wang, Khalil Fong,
Justin timberlake

Q16: Activites you like?
A: Basketball

Q17: Type of girl you like?
A: Fillal, kind, has big eyes, long hair,
smiles prettily, speaks cutely, knows how to do
household chores.

Q18: What do you like to say to fans the most?
A: Thank you

Q19: Musician you like?
A: Beethoven

Q20; The thing you like to bring around with you
the most?A: Earphones
Q21: What must you definitely do when going out/shopping?
A: Buy snacks

Q22: Which member are you the closest to?
A: The 4 members from China (T/N: I think they meant 3)

Q23: What will you do in the dorm?
A: Learn how to compose

Q24: A music instrument you play well?
A: The piano

Q25: What will you do during vacations?
A: Go back to China

Q26: What will you do when you are bored?
A: Draw my cute drawings

Q27: What activities do you usually do?
A: Play basketball, dance

Q28: What do you say the most to the people around you?
A: You’ve worked hard

Q29: Do you usually joke around?
A: I don’t joke around! But my members think I am hilarious!

Q30: What expression do you always make?
A: Smile

MemoriesImagination
Q31: Your childhood dream?
A: To become a music producer

Q32: What kind of a child were you in school?
A: I don’t talk much

Q33: A unique trait you’ve had since you were young?
A: I have very good focus, I tend to become addicted to something easily.

Q34: Your past dating experiences?
A: Not a lot

Q35: When was the first time you composed?
A: When I was 13 years old, out of interest, I composed a song for fun.

Q36: What was your first big achievement?
A: In 2005 when I won the 3rd position on
Hunan TV’s Star Academy.

Q37: The thing that makes you the most sad?
A: That I wasn’t able to open a store for my mum.

Q38: The most unforgettable thing?
A: The first time I went on a television programme

Q39: Your first impressions of your members?
A: I had deep impressions of all of them

Q40: The thing you cherish the most?A: The friends I knew in the past
Q41: If EXO is no longer popular, what will you do?
A: I will return back to China to develop as a solo artist.

Q42: If you can become EXO’s leader, will you accept it?
A: No, because I lack the ability.

Q43: Between being a singer and a behind the scenes
music producer, which would you pick?
A: A behind the scenes music producer.

Q44: If you could go back in time, what would you
cherish the most?
A: Time I spent with my family.

Q45: If you had to confess, what would you say?
A: I like you.

Q46: If you were dating, what kind of boyfriend do you want to become the most?
A: Love a girl wholeheartedly, do anything for her,
provide her with a warm embrace.

Q47: If you could, what bad habit do you want to change?
A: Not knowing how to speak well

Q48: If you argue with your members, what would you do?
A: I’ll really want to apologise, but I’ll just wait passively
for the other party to reconcile with me.

Q49: If EXO had a long vacation, would you prefer to
be with your members or do your own things individually?
A: Go on a holiday with the members

Q50: If tomorrow is the end of the world, what do you want to do the most?
A: Return to China to look for my parents.


Scans CR: KISMET(exokismet.egloos.com)


Next up we have an interview with EXO-M from a Shanghai Newspaper Daily Newspaper (天天新报) dated 131018.

Read on further for ideal types (wow Yixing wow), snippets about their trip to Germany, who cooks what best, childhood dreams, and sassy awesome Tao at the end!

exom


Reporter: EXO-M has had performances and schedules quite often in Shanghai recently, please talk about your impressions of Shanghai, like what dishes do you like the most?

EXO-M: Shanghai’s night view is very pretty, this world renounced business centre is quite a bustling place, we really hope to have the chance to explore it properly, but currently we do not have the chance to go out and do so, the food is very delicious too.

Yixing: Because we cannot go out, we can only order some Chinese dishes in the hotel to satisfy our cravings.

Kris: I like the stir fried rice cakes, when Shanghai delicacies are mentioned, naturally soya bean milk and fried dough fritters will come to mind, everyone really likes eating those, and also Xiao Long Bao.

Jongdae: Shanghai’s weather is very good and pleasing, the fans are also very passionate, last night I finally had the chance to try authentic Chinese cuisine, one of those was a very unique delicacy – Duck’s tongue, I felt very amazed, because I’ve never eaten it in Korea before, it’s a completely new experience. We also really want to eat 大闸蟹 (hairy crabs), we’ve always wanted to try it but still haven’t managed to eat it, the next time we must definitely try it.

Q: In the future will the Chinese market still be the main focus.

K: Yes, you can say that, EXO-M itself was created specifically for the Chinese market, we will definitely come to China frequently for schedules. Previously we had more schedules in China, because all 12 of us were together.

Q: What do you think is your advantage in having a strong foothold in the Chinese market?

YX: Do we really have a strong foothold? We still have many areas in which we are lacking; we are really just starting out, moving forward step by step.

Q: Previously you went to Germany to shoot for your photobook, when will this photobook be released, and did any interesting things happen? 

K: When the photobook will be released is still the company’ decision. Germany has this really special bicycle, six people can ride it together, sitting in a circle, with one person steering, it’s really amazing.

YX: It was the first time I went to Germany, and the first time I saw that all the taxis were all Mercedes-Benz and I got a shock, although Mercedes-Benz is a a local German brand, but it’s still surprising that the taxis were all from such a good brand.

Q: Do you have plans for a new album?

K: We are currently in the midst of preparing, and do not have a specific release date for now, we still have to keep the contents secret, but all along we have always sung both Korean and Chinese songs together.

Q: A group of young and energetic boys staying together in a dorm, what kind of roles do you play respectively, like who has better cooking skills?

YX: Normally in our dorm from Monday to Friday there is a auntie that helps take care of the basic household chores, helps us put our clothes in the washing machine, and hangs them up to dry after washing. During the weekends, we are all in charge of our own selves, whatever we want to eat we have to make it ourselves. Xiumin’s coffee is the best, especially fragrant, Luhan’s ramen is extremely good, Duizhang is in charge of inventing new dishes, I know how to do some homecooked dishes, like stir fried eggs with tomatoes and stir fried eggs with cucumbers. Although some of our members are from Korea and some from China, our tastes are very similar.

Q: Then who is the cleanest?
(All members point to Xiumin in unison) XM: The messiest is probably Manager Hyung haha

Q: What was your childhood dream, if you are not an artist, what career would you choose?

K: When I was younger I wanted to be a space navigator, and even naively wanted to invent a kind of medicine that makes people immortal, because I was a child then, and all kids want their parents to live for a long time. After I grew up I wanted to be a basketball player, my favourite basketball player is Kobe Bryant. Sadly, now I do not have much time to play basketball anymore, if in the future we are participating in any shows, Idol Olympics is more suitable for me.

YX: I’ll talk about the time when I was the most naïve and innocent, my first dream was to be the head of state/president, and be the one who manages the country. How old was I at the time, a five or six year old child talking about country matters, even my mum was laughing.

LH: Soccer player. I like Cristiano Ronaldo the most; since he joined Manchester United I’ve liked him a lot.

XM: A businessman

JD: Vocal teacher/trainer

Tao: Dance performer

Q: Your respective ideal types?

K: I like girls who are like angels, very innocent and have pretty eyes.

YX: I like the type that has a sultry/seductive charm, most importantly the girl must love me. (T/N: That’s the dictionary explanation of the phrase he used in the article, no kidding.)

LH: Long hair, white skin, a small face with big eyes, like a goddess.

XM: I have no specific requirement for looks, but she must be able to capture my heart.

JD: Girls whose eyes look very nice when they smile

T: Pretty, have a good figure, regal, like a princess so I can “hold her in my palms” (T/N: Along the lines of treat her like the apple of my eye and cherish her like she is a precious treasure etc.)

Q: How do your view the miraculous album sales that you have achieved?

YX: We have currently already gone past 910,000. This miracle is definitely due to all the people who have helped us, thank you to the behind the scenes crew who have worked together with us, and also to everyone who bought our album, not just the fans, there are also a lot of people other than fans who like our album, and also thank you to those fans who are far away and who we are unable to meet. We can only achieve what we have today because of them.

Q: How do you adjust after you have achieved such popularity/fame?

K: We don’t actually think we are very popular, our fans have definitely given us a lot of confidence, but also because of this, we will not let ourselves get arrogant, and will instead work even harder to repay the fans. (YX: Continue looking for ways to progress with our feet on the ground) Yes, because no matter what, there is still a long way to go, and a lot of seniors we can learn from.

Q: If you were to think of artistes that you want to pay tribute to, what will your list be like?

T: I want to become the best rapper in China, I have no one artiste that I respect the most, but there are artiste created music pieces I respect the most, their creations are all very outstanding.

JD: DBSK seniors. When watching their performances, they are doing dances that are very vigorous, but their ability to song and dance at the same time is very impactful/shocking, so every time I see their performance stages I am always full of respect.

XM: Me too, at least within the Korean entertainment circle. At the moment I have not had the chance to interact much with China’s artistes, I hope in the future there will be more chances to interact and meet.

LH: All the seniors in the company.

YX: I respect all the behind the scenes music producers.

K: Still Michael Jackson, he is a legend, even up till now, a lot of music elements originated from his creations, he is a very impressive and brave person. But I am just respectful of him, I still am not good enough to want to try and take on his dances.

Q: In the entertainment world, do the members have a “I want to become like him/her in the future” type of role model/goal that they work towards?

K: We hope that EXO-M can become a distinctive unit, and not become just like the rest. Our seniors are definitely deserving of our respect, but they are not targets that we must achieve, we hope to have better progress/development in the future, and have achievements that are our own.

Tao: We do not want to become followers of other people; we will let them become our followers.

Article Cr: 天天新报 2013年10月18日 版


Last but not least, a cute audio snippet of Yixing's conversation with a fan during EXO's 131012 fansign at Han River, talking about food. The password is his birthdate in YYYYMMDD

Edit: LJ keeps replacing the audio with one of EXO's teasers :( Here's the link to the audio
Translation:

Fan: Yixing, what kind of homecooked dishes do you like to eat?
Yixing: I like the dishes my Grandpa and Grandma cook the most.
Fan: Then have you cooked before?
Yixing: Yes I have. *long pause* I’ve made deep fried sausages/hot dogs.
Fan: Thank you.


Audio Cr: 近水楼台0082 Please do not repost the audio on weibo as per her request.


Please credit all original pictures, scans, audio and translation sources for all content if taking out, thank you~


There's clearly something in the water or air in China that makes them so erm spontaneous? Yixing bb is clearly being nice and covering all different kinds of ideal types so we will feel better. As for the deep fried sausages, I guess now we all know Yixing knows how to prepare frozen prepacked food deep fry things. And EXO's Germany Photobook!!11!!


Bunny Yixing thanks you for your time~
bunnyxingxing

No comments :

Post a Comment